Adani Agri Fresh Limited (AAFL) is wholly-owned subsidiary of Adani Enterprises Limited, part of Adani Group, one of India’s leading business houses with revenue of over $11 billion. Adani Group is a globally integrated infrastructure player with businesses spanning coal trading, coal mining, oil & gas exploration, ports, multi-modal logistics, power generation and transmission, and gas distribution.
With ‘Farm-Pik’, AAFL has instituted the largest integrated apple supply chain initiative with ultra-modern storage infrastructure in the country to provide fresh farm products to its consumers and improve the livelihood of the apple farmers across the Himalayan states.
In Himachal Pradesh, AAFL has set up 3 Controlled Atmosphere (CA) facilities to store 23,000 MT of apples. These are located at Rampur, Rohru and Sainj in Shimla district. AAFL purchases apples from 15,000 farmers and also provides agri-inputs and extension services through its Farmer Service Centres. AAFL markets its apples under the brand name ‘Farm-Pik’ across the country through an elaborate distribution network.
AAFL also imports fruits such as apples, pears, citrus fruits, kiwis and grapes from around the globe to market in India.
As an acknowledgement towards the stupendous work done towards the success of Apple Value Chain in Himachal Pradesh, AAFL has recently received the following awards:
- CII National Award for Food Safety- 2015 “Commendation Certificate for Strong Commitment to Good Warehousing Practices’’
- Agribusiness Leadership Award by Agriculture Today
- Procurement Excellence Award - 2015, Agriculture Industry, by Kamikaze – Innovation and efficient procurement with sustained value creation by sourcing apples from 700+ villages in Himachal Pradesh
- Best Maintained Facility in Cold Storage (Adani Agri Fresh Ltd, Rohru) by Danfoss ICE AWARDS 2017
- ISO-22000:2005 & HACCP Certification by Bureau Veritas (ISO-22000:2005) (HACCP)